Federal Loan Options

Brooklyn Law School provides all admitted students with individual student loan counseling at the law school.  Please contact fa.app@brooklaw.edu to set up an appointment.  Also, please attend one of the many entering student webinars that are available to you.  Resources on financial aid and student loan debt are available to you on BLS Connect.

In order to receive federal loans, you must be an eligible US citizen or permanent resident.

Complete your FAFSA online after January 1 (do not submit it in Oct-Dec for next year) at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa using BLS school code G02677. 

For federal loan programs, all law students are independent, so you should not include parental income or asset information on your FAFSA. The FAFSA determines your eligibility for Federal Unsubsidized Loans, Graduate Plus Loans, and Federal Work-Study.

Application Instructions

In order to borrow loans you must submit the My Federal Loan Request form.

In addition, you must submit the following at studentaid.gov:

  • Sign a Master Promissory Note for your Unsubsidized Loan; this MPN will be good for 10 years
  • Complete your Entrance Counseling
  • If you need additional loan funding, you can apply for a Graduate Plus Loan up to cost of attendance (less other aid and sign a second Master Promissory Note for Graduate Plus Loan

No Federal Loans can be disbursed without your completed Entrance Counseling and your signed Master Promissory Note(s).

Office of Financial Aid
250 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn, NY
(718) 780-7915
(718) 228-6796
Monday - Friday 
9:00 am - 5:00 pm