Dean of Students, Jennifer Lang, and Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Housing, Fortune Attardo, are also both available for individual appointments to help support our students:
- Meditation Mondays
- Therapist resources
- Weekly yoga classes
- Wellness Week
- Numerous study breaks every final exam period
- Annual wellness programs from student organizations
250 Joralemon Street
Dean of Students
Through our partnership with TimelyMD, all students have free on-demand access for urgent care and mental health concerns.
Brooklaw Care offers the following services:
- Medical: Unlimited on-demand access to a medical provider who can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infection, allergies, and more
- TalkNow: Unlimited on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk about anything at any time
- Scheduled Counseling: 12 scheduled counseling sessions per year with a licensed counselor
- Health Coaching: access to a nutrition specialist to help you adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to eating issues, weight management, sleep concerns, and more
Now more than ever, barriers to addressing physical and mental health concerns should not prevent you from getting the care you need. With Brooklaw Care, you will be able to talk to a licensed provider from your smartphone or any web-enabled device from any location. Licensed providers are available to diagnose non-emergent medical conditions, prescribe medications, and offer mental health support via phone or secure video visits.
Brooklyn Law School offers a health insurance plan that is administered through a third-party agency:
Brooklyn Heights is brimming with opportunities for exercise. There is a broad selection of yoga classes, Pilates, and fitness centers, and a wide variety of athletic programs. Many students opt to put on their running gear and jog through our beautiful city (two popular routes are across the Brooklyn Bridge and back or through Brooklyn Heights and along the Promenade).
The Law School's student organizations also organize a variety of annual programs, such as the SBA Softball Game and Race Judicata, as well as organizations devoted to tennis and yoga for ongoing fitness.