ANNOUNCING THE 10TH ANNUAL STANLEY M. GROSSMAN INNOVATORS INVITATIONAL AT THE CENTER FOR URBAN BUSINESS ENTREPRENEURSHIP (CUBE)
The Center for Urban Business Entrepreneurship (CUBE) at Brooklyn Law School invites New York metropolitan area (NY, NJ, CT and PA) law school students to compete in its 10th annual Stanley M. Grossman Innovators Invitational on April 18, 2023 to help launch legal tech ventures. Competitors are invited to develop and pitch their legal technology startups to an esteemed panel of judges to compete for $15,000 in prize money to launch their ventures. This year’s Invitational builds on CUBE’s annual Innovators Invitational competition and is a two-round event.
In order to enter, student teams will need to submit a brief description of the venture and a 3-5 minute video explaining their legal tech idea.
Teams that succeed past the first round are invited to partake in an in-person event where they will have the opportunity to present their 5-page business plan and pitch their startup ideas to a live panel of seasoned industry professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors at the CUBE Innovators Invitational.
- January 29, 2023: Initial Applications Due by 11:59 p.m. EST
- April 11, 2023: Final Applications Due by 11:59 p.m. EST
- April 18, 2023: In-person Live Competition
Judges’ review of the competitors’ submissions will assess the following:
- How clearly and concisely the proposal states a problem and a proposed solution
- How feasibly and effectively the proposal addresses the stated problem
- How well the problem and proposal presented are supported by analysis and research
- How innovative the proposal is, as compared to existing or analogous solutions
- How well the presentation demonstrates competence and capability to implement the proposal, including but not limited to how well the seed money, if won, would further the venture’s mission
SponsorsThe Stanley M. Grossman Innovators Invitational at CUBE would not have been possible without the vision, generosity and faith of our sponsors. These include:
- Stanley and Nancy Grossman Family Foundation
- The Bob and Grace Manne Family Foundation
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute