ANNOUNCING THE 8TH ANNUAL STANLEY M. GROSSMAN INNOVATORS INVITATIONAL AT THE CENTER FOR URBAN BUSINESS ENTREPRENEURSHIP (CUBE)
The Center for Urban Business Entrepreneurship (CUBE) at Brooklyn Law School invites New York area law school students to compete in its 8th annual Stanley M. Grossman Innovators Invitational on April 13, 2021 to help launch legal tech ventures. Competitors are invited to develop and pitch their legal technology startups to an esteemed panel of judges to compete for $12,000 in prize money to launch their ventures. This year’s Invitational builds on CUBE’s annual Innovators Invitational competition and is a virtual event.
In order to enter, student teams will need to submit an application consisting of a 150-word explanation of their legal tech idea.
Teams that are invited to participate will have the opportunity to pitch their startup ideas to a panel of seasoned industry professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors at the CUBE Innovators Invitational. The 2020 project winners can be found here.
- March 5, 2021: Initial Applications Due by 11:59 PM EST
- March 26, 2021: Online Hangout: Q&A with CUBE Faculty and Past Winners (optional)
- April 2, 2021: Final Digital Presentation & Business Plan Due
- April 13, 2021: Event
Judges’ Review of the competitors’ submissions will assess the following:
- How clearly and concisely the proposal states a problem and a proposed solution
- How feasibly and effectively the proposal addresses the stated problem
- How well the problem and proposal presented are supported by analysis and research
- How innovative the proposal is, as compared to existing or analogous solutions
- How well the presentation demonstrates competence and capability to implement the proposal, including but not limited to how well the seed money, if won, would further the venture’s mission
SponsorsThe Stanley M. Grossman Innovators Invitational at CUBE would not have been possible without the vision, generosity and faith of our sponsors. These include:
- Stanley and Nancy Grossman Family Foundation
- The Bob and Grace Manne Family Foundation
- Stroock, Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Fross Zelnick
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Julian Yap, Co-Founder and Chief Content Officer of Serial Box
- i.WILL (Inspiring Women Igniting Leadership & Learning)
- Neota Logic