Choose a summer apartment that is right for you
Quiet surroundings for your summer school classes, bar exam studies, internships, and more.
A number of current Brooklyn Law School residents will be looking for a sub-tenant to occupy their Brooklyn Law School apartment while they are working outside of New York during the summer months. Our summer accommodations includes on-campus housing in both furnished and unfurnished apartments, as well as off-campus housing.
Summer Sublet Requirements
Our summer sublet requirements are in place for the welfare of our students who continue to occupy the units during the summer months. This includes graduating students studying for the Bar Examination in New York who need quiet surroundings, as well as Law School students taking summer school classes and working in New York City.
- The subtenant must be a Brooklyn Law School student, a student who is taking a course or courses at BLS during the summer, or a student from another law school who will be working full-time in New York City during June and July, or will be studying for the July 2021 Bar Exam.
- In multiple-bedroom apartments, the subtenant must be of the same gender as the other roommates.
- The subtenant must be approved by the Office of Student Housing, execute a housing license, and pay all occupancy charges in advance directly to Brooklyn Law School. In addition to the housing charges, the sub-tenant must pay a damage deposit. Current residents may not charge a premium to the subtenant.
- Brooklyn Law School subsidizes the housing charges for Brooklyn Law School students. Please see our housing charges for non-BLS law students. The prices listed are per month. Current residents may not charge a premium to the subtenant.
- If the sublet ends on July 31, the subtenant must vacate the apartment no later than 5:00 pm on July 31 in order for us to prepare the units for students taking occupancy in August.
- The sublet must be for a minimum 2 month period.
Summer Sublet Schedule
- The sublet period is typically June 1 - July 31, though some residents may have apartments available earlier.
- Select sublets may extend until the beginning of August, but residents will not be notified until mid-May as to whether they can remain in their apartments beyond July 31.
- The sublet must be for a minimum 2 month period. If the sublet period is extended beyond two months, housing charges will be pro-rated.
After March 1, current residents who are interested in subletting their apartments, or students looking to find an apartment, should contact:
Office of Student Housing
Director of Housing
Please be careful of scams if you are seeking summer housing. You should verify that you are in contact with Student Housing at Brooklyn Law School before you send any payments.